TERMS AND CONDITIONS
DEPOSIT AND PAYMENTS: The first 50% of your reservation will be charged to the card provided upon confirmation within one business day of placing your reservation. The total balance must be paid at least 60 days prior to your check in date. If you have a credit card on file it will be charged automatically unless other payment arrangements are made.
CANCELLATION AND CHANGES: The Guest may cancel their booking at any time up to or during the Rental Period. In the event that the Guest exercises their right to cancel, the Company will levy the following cancellation penalty percentage rates of the Total Rental Fee (amount shown on the booking confirmation):
- From initial date of booking up to 12 months prior to arrival $250 cancellation fee may be applied toward a future stay.
- 12 months up to 60 days prior to the arrival date 25% withheld, which can be applied to new dates, less $250 cancellation fee (waived if we can replace the booking at the same amount).
- Less than 60 days prior to the arrival date 100% nonrefundable, but can be applied to new dates ONLY if your reservation can be replaced.
- The Company regrets that it is unable to waive any of the cancellation charges above, whatever the circumstances, therefore travel insurance with coverage for trip delay, interruption and cancellation is offered and recommended to cover any loss in the event of an emergency.
- Additional nights may be added at the current best available rate, if available, at any time, however reducing length of stay or moving the trip to later dates would be considered a cancellation of the nights originally booked, and the above policies would apply.
In rare situations we may need to move or cancel your reservation, if the home becomes uninhabitable, is sold, changes management or the booking is otherwise moved by the owner of the home. Although this is rare, we do have procedures in place in case this does occur. We will notify you immediately of such a change along with replacement options, and you will have 24 hours to accept or decline the option(s) provided to you. Unlike most companies that will leave you to find something on your own when this happens, we will do our best to find the alternate lodging even if it means giving you a free upgrade. If you decline the alternative properties we offer you, you will be eligible at that time for a full refund.
TRIP CANCELLATION AND TRAVEL INSURANCE PROTECTION: For a minor cost of 7% of the full rental amount, all travelers would be covered under this policy. Trip Cancellation and Travel Insurance protection has been included as an option with your reservation and will be a part of your initial rental deposit payment (unless you choose not to select this coverage). Trip Cancellation and Travel Insurance is intended to provide protection to you against losses for certain pre-paid non-refundable expenses due to certain unforeseeable circumstances that may jeopardize your travel investment and force you to incur unplanned additional costs. In addition, we cannot refund rental deposit payments due to circumstances beyond our control, including but not limited to hurricane or storm-caused evacuations, road closures, inclement weather, or any illness or injury to someone within your traveling party that may cause you to cancel your trip. For these reasons, we recommend that you purchase this valuable protection, which includes benefits such as medical coverage, travel delay benefits, 24/7 emergency services and more (described in full in specific program documentation we will provide you upon request). You will be asked to sign to decline this coverage on your rental agreement if you choose not to accept it.
PROPERTY PROTECTION: In lieu of submitting a security deposit, property Renters are required to secure property rental with an Property Protection Program that covers unintentional damages to the rental unit interior that occur during your stay, provided they are disclosed to Property Manager prior to your check-out. The Program will pay a Maximum Benefit of either $1,500, $3,000, $5,000 or $10,000 (as required depending on the value of the rental). Any damages that exceed the Program Maximum Benefit will be charged to the credit card on file that you provided. If, during your stay at one of our Rental Properties, you and/or one of your traveling party causes any damage to the real or personal property of the Rental Property as a result of inadvertent acts or omissions, the Insurer will reimburse the Insured for the cost of repair or replacement of such property up to the Program Maximum Benefit amount, subject to certain terms and conditions that apply. Full description and details of the Property Protection coverage are contained in the Certificate of Insurance or Insurance Policy. The Property Protection must be purchased at time of reservation. By submitting payment for this Program, you authorize and request the Program underwriter and their authorized Agent(s) to pay directly to Florida Paradise Villas, and not you, any amounts due and payable under the terms and conditions of the Property Protection Program.
AVAILABILITY: In rare instances, if the specific property you selected is not available for some reason, we will make every effort to let you know usually within minutes to hours, and always on the same business day. We will offer you alternatives at the same price level or even a free upgrade when possible. You will have 24 hours to decline the alternative and nothing will receive a complete refund if you choose to decline the reservation. If your dates are within 30 days and during a holiday season, please feel free to call us 1-866-939-7376 and we will verify the availability for you.
PAYMENT TERMS: All major Credit Cards and Electronic Checks are accepted. There is a $50 charge for all returned checks plus the cost of collection. Failure of the Guest to pay rental or for any service will result in removal or refusal to supply said service, including, but not limited to provision of accommodation in the Property. Such removal and or refusal will not alter the terms and penalties associated with cancellation. The Guest agrees to pay the Total Rental Fee as shown on the Rental Agreement within the due dates as set out on the booking confirmation. Final and full payment is due 60 days prior to arrival. In the event of late payment, or failure to pay, the Company reserves the rights to levy the cancellation penalty percentage charges against any money that the Guest has paid in advance and cancel the booking of the Guest. Where the money paid in advance is insufficient to cover the calculated percentage, the Company reserves the right to exercise any legal remedies to pursue the amount owed by the Guest. We will make every attempt to contact you before making any cancellations.
RATES: Rates, terms and applicable taxes are subject to change without notice. In the rare instance that, for any reason, the rate provided prior to booking was incorrect, you would be offered an alternative at the same price point or the opportunity to cancel, your choice.
MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY: Florida State does conduct periodic spot checks and we must comply with fire code safety regulations. We cannot offer refunds if you violate this policy and are forced to leave premises by officials. Maximum guests: 8 in a 3 bedroom condo or home, 10 in a 4 bedroom, 12 in a 5 bedroom, 14 in a 6 bedroom and 16 in a 7-8 bedroom. Please be advised, many homes do not have bedding for this maximum, please be aware of specific home capacities. In homes that accommodate fewer than the state mandated maximum, roll-away beds, cribs and pack n play rentals are available to suit families UP TO the maximum allowed by law. If it is found any time during your stay that maximums have been exceeded, fines will be accessed and the rental will be terminated immediately.
RENTAL PERIOD, CHECK IN AND CHECK OUT: The rental period begins at 4:00 p.m. on the day of arrival and terminates at 10:00 a.m. on the day of departure, unless prior arrangements have been made. Early check ins or late departures will incur an extra charge and MUST HAVE prior approval. The properties are professionally cleaned and inspected before and after each rental to ensure that all guests have a clean comfortable stay. Please be thoughtful of renters who may be checking in on the same day that you checkout and leave the unit tidy and start a load of linens and dishes prior to checking out, to speed the cleaning process. Occasionally delays may occur during peak season. Please review your reservation and make sure all the information including check in and check out dates are correct.
INCLUSIONS: Properties offered for short-term rental through the Company are provided on a self-catering basis. The Company provides complimentary starter soap, toilet paper, and trash bags. Once these items are used, it is the guest’s responsibility to replenish them for their own use. All homes are within 5-10 minutes of convenience and/or grocery stores. Your home is a fully equipped with cookware & dinnerware, linens, towels. The property is cleaned upon guest arrival and upon departure. You may wish to pack your own beach towels as these are not generally provided. We are not able to provide crib linen, please plan accordingly. You might want to bring or purchase locally coffee filters, shampoo, toothpaste, other toiletries, paper towels, toilet tissue, trash bags, multi-use cleaner and detergents. Grocery Delivery is available, order online and your kitchen will be stocked! Shop Now!
DAMAGE AND CLEANING ISSUES: Any damage or cleaning issues noticed upon arrival should be reported to the owner immediately. If damage or cleaning issues are not reported within 3 hours of your arrival, your credit card may be charged for the cost of the repair. All general maintenance issues should also be reported so the unit can be kept in good repair. You must contact the cleaning company to address any cleaning issues within 3 hours of your arrival. You will not incur any additional charges if the following items are adhered to:
- No damage is done to the unit or its content including the linens.
- No items are missing upon the inventory check. (This includes, but is not limited to, transferring items to other units.)
- All debris, garbage and discards are placed in proper containers and there is not an excessive amount of trash left behind.
- All soiled dishes are placed in the dishwasher. Baby equipment and BBQ grills used are left in clean condition.
- There was no exceeding the maximum occupancy of the unit.
- There was no smoking or evidence of smoking.
- Unit is left in neat condition.
- Pet friendly units show no sign of pet damage or excessive cleaning required: Non-pet friendly units will require fees of a minimum of $250 per room where pet evidence is found!
The Guest agrees to pay any required charges for damage or loss within 7 days. The original payment method used will be charged for any damages, excessive cleaning required, and guest will be notified. In the event that the Guest fails to pay any such shortfall, the Company reserves the right to exercise any legal remedies to pursue the amount owed from the Guest. Where the Company finds damage or loss to the Property following the Guests departure that, in the view of the Company, constitutes malicious or wanton damage, the Company reserves the right to notify law enforcement authorities and prosecute, in addition to billing the Guest for the full amount of repair or replacement, and the Guest agrees to pay within 7 days.
If you experience any problems whatsoever with the vacation property during your stay, please contact us and we will do our best to rectify the matter as soon as it is practically possible. Should a problem remain unresolved, you are required to notify us in writing within 7 days of your return. No action can be taken or liability accepted for any complaints received after this period. We aim to resolve complaints within a two month period from receipt, the details of which will be kept confidential to only the parties involved. Please note that as Florida is a tropical State, insects such as ants and the like are occasionally inevitable, and are not considered an emergency, unless there is an obvious infestation. The vacation property is treated periodically as part of a pest and termite control program, and is cleaned after each rental.
NO SMOKING: Smoking is not allowed in any of our units. Smoking is not allowed outside by any open window/door. Smoking policies vary in each resort, please ask. Additional fees of at minimum $250 per room per week will apply to deep clean homes where there is any suspicion there was smoking in the home. All cigarettes must be disposed of properly even in designated areas where available, or fines will apply.
PET POLICIES (Allowed in Pet Friendly Units Only): There is a maximum of two pets per guest allowed in each unit. Guest pets must be treated for fleas and ticks prior to arrival. Guests must pick up after pets and tightly tie the remnants in a plastic bag if staying in a Pet Friendly Unit. Pets are not allowed on the furniture and all pet hair must be cleaned up prior to departure. A $250 fee per room (minimum) will be charged if there is any report of pet hair on bedding and sofas. Guest pets must be leashed at all times when outside of the unit and can be walked in designated areas, never in clubhouse and other common areas. The violation of any terms of this pet policy subjects the guest to additional fines or termination of the rental period. Guest pet policies and unit availability are subject to change per county and association rules and regulations at any time. Some resorts have maximum weight or additional requirements, please ask.
BBQ RENTAL: Only available in private pool homes, and must be used 10 feet from the home. Additional fees apply and include full tank of gas. It is the guest’s responsibility to clean the grill after use, or an additional $50 fee will apply. If the home already includes a BBQ a nominal fee is required for gas refills.
COMMUNITY RULES: Guest agrees to abide by rules of the community. These may be posted in the unit or at the community pool or office. These rules may vary in each community.
LARGE VEHICLES: No boats, trailers or large vehicles in rental home driveways. Most resorts do not offer parking for these vehicles, however we do have local campgrounds that will allow you to park your vehicle usually about $50 per week. We also have one resort with a large vehicle parking area-Windsor Hills, however parking is strictly first come first serve and cannot be reserved. Most driveways can accommodate a maximum of two cars, additional cars will be required to park in the additional lots as needed. Please let us know if you will have more than 2 cars, and we can advise accordingly. Parking in streets or blocking sidewalks is prohibited.
FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS: Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance deposit and/or rental money and the party will not be permitted to check-in.
GUEST assures us that the tenants will observe all conditions and terms of this agreement as to maintaining the rental in good order and appearance and will conduct themselves in a manner inoffensive to neighbors.
GUEST assures that any tenant who violates any of the terms of this Agreement shall be immediately denied occupancy and shall remedy any damages or other expenses, which are caused by the tenant and/or the tenant's guest(s).
GUEST agrees that any tenant who is found using drugs or allows others to use drugs on the premises will be immediately denied continued occupancy at these premises.
GUEST and/or their guests shall not disturb, annoy, endanger, or inconvenience neighbors, nor use the premises for any immoral or unlawful purposes, nor violate any law or ordnance, nor commit waste or nuisance on or about the premises.
GUEST agrees that during the term of this agreement and such further time as he/she occupies the premises, he/she will keep the rental clean and free of trash, garbage, and other waste; and all pipes, wires, glass, plumbing and other equipment and fixtures in the same condition as at the beginning of, or may put in during the term of the agreement, reasonable wear and tear and damage by unavoidable fire and casualty only exception.
GUEST agrees to indemnify and save our company harmless from all liability, loss or damage arising from any nuisance or harm made or suffered on the premises by the GUEST, tenants, or guests or from any carelessness, neglect, or improper conduct of any persons entering, occupying or visiting the premises. We accepts no responsibility or liability for any loss or damage or alteration to the terms of your reservation caused by events beyond our control, including but not restricted to war, terrorist activity, civil commotion, flight delays, or cancellations, airport closures, loss of luggage, adverse weather conditions, fire flood, or industrial dispute. We cannot accept any liability for failure of public supplies such as water, electricity, Internet or breakdown of the air conditioning system. Nor for the consequences of the action or omissions of persons who may control or supply main services, or any actions taken in the vicinity of the property reserved, by any authority over which there is no control.
We cannot accept any liability for your personal safety during your vacation. It is particularly important that children are supervised at all times in and outside the vacation property. We assume no responsibility for accidents. You are reminded to exercise care as to your personal safety, and the safety of your companions. Whenever possible, valuables should be left secure and out of sight.
CREDIT CARD AUTHORIZATION: I understand and consent to the use of the credit card provided without original signature on the charge slip, that an email of this agreement will serve as an original, and that this Credit Card Authorization cannot be revoked and will not terminate until 90 days after the rental is vacated. Additional charges may include: unauthorized long distance telephone and satellite TV charges; excessive cleaning fees; damages beyond normal wear and tear and unreturned keys. All charges not covered under the Property Protection Insurance may be included. Your card will be charged for your deposit today, and payments will be automatically charged when due. If you plan to use another payment method, please notify us within 24 hours of this agreement.
SERVICE LEVEL: The Company agrees to a Service Level for the remedy of any problems found at the Property, either on arrival of the Guest, or during the Rental Period, as follows. The Company agrees to provide a maximum 24-hour response to remedy problems that, at the sole discretion of the Company, constitute emergencies, which by the Company will be remedied during or after the Rental Period, based on the severity of the problem, at the sole discretion of the Company.
The company makes all reasonable efforts to maintain each property and its equipment in good working order. Wherever commercially possible, repairs are performed within 24 hours, but sometimes delays are inevitable. No refunds are granted for malfunctioning mechanical or electrical equipment including (but not limited to): inoperable appliances, air-conditioning units, pools and/or spas. No refunds will be given for unfavorable weather, early departure, utility service interruption, construction, or maintenance issues. Additionally, there are no refunds for faulty recording or playback equipment, TVs, audio, telecoms, cable reception, computer equipment or internet access.
ARRIVAL DETAILS: Arrival details including access codes and local maintenance contact information will be emailed approximately one week prior to your arrival if all documents and payments have been received at that time. You will check in directly at your vacation rental (in most instances) and are welcome to map this location using providers such as mapquest or google maps for trip planning purposes. If you have not received your codes within 3 days of your arrival, please call 1-866-939-7376.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: The Company makes all reasonable efforts to provide advice and safety information. This information can be found in the Home-Pack/binder at the Property. It is the responsibility of the Guest to ensure that they have read and understood the contents and advice given following arrival at the Property. The Company is willing to provide any and all further information pertaining to the Property providing the Guest has first read the Home-Pack. In addition, the Company states the following:
- The Company and/or the Owner do not accept liability for equipment failure and or services in the Property. In the event of failure of equipment, the Guest must notify the Company within one working day such that the Company may elect to effect a remedy to the failure.
- The Company and/or the Owner do not accept liability for lost or stolen personal property of the Guest from the Property during the Rental Period. The Company provide information and advice in the Home-Pack to the Guest in an advisory capacity only, with no guarantee or promise of security, even where the Guest make use of any advice given by the Company or its representatives. In the event that property of the Guest is lost or stolen, the Guest should advise the appropriate authority first, and then the Company, of the lost or stolen items. The Company will either make good and secure the Property, or will transfer the Guest to another Property, where the original cannot be secured, and this will be the extent of its liability to the Guest under such circumstances.
- The Company or its representatives may enter the Property at any time, without notice, for the purposes of protection and/or maintenance of the Property. Wherever possible, the Company will provide notice to the Guest prior to such entrance.
- The Company and/or the Owner accept no liability for personal loss or injury to the Guest during the Rental Period. The Guest must ensure that they have adequate insurance cover. The Company provide information and advice in the Home-Pack to the Guest in an advisory capacity only, with no guarantee or promise implied.
- The Guest must ensure that Children are supervised at all times. It is the policy of the Company that all Children under the age of 18 years are not left in rental accommodation un-supervised during the rental period.
- The Company and/or the Owner do not accept any liability for the acts or omissions of any agent. These include but are not limited to, airlines, car-hire companies, travel agents, ticket agents, homeowners, or utility providers.
- The Company and/or the Owner do not accept liability for failure of pool heat to provide adequate heating where pool heat is provided via an electrical heat pump, and where the outside air temperature drops below 55 degrees Fahrenheit or when there have been extended periods of rain. Electric heating pumps do not operate effectively below this temperature and rain can drastically affect the temperature, and failure of such devices to heat the pool is outside of the Company's control, and is regarded as an act of nature (see below). In most cases your pool will warm to a daytime temperature of between 70 and 80 degrees. No refunds are available where the heater is in good working condition, however is not heating the water due to weather related reasons, as the electricity is still utilized.
- The Company and/or the Owner do not accept liability for acts of violence, nature, fire, flood, war, civil disobedience, riot, or other force majure that may have a deleterious effect on the Guest.
- The Company does not accept liability for removal of the Property from the marketplace, transfer of the Property to another company, severe weather damage or damages caused by the previous guest or other cause which renders the home to be uninhabitable, that results in the Property becoming unavailable for the Rental Period. Wherever such an event occurs, the Company will offer the Guest a suitable alternative accommodation of equal or better quality, subject to availability. In the event that the Guest refuses the offered alternate property, then the Guest may cancel the booking, and the Company will refund the Total Rental Fee, less the applicable cancellation penalty percentage rate (shown above). If we do not have a replacement property of equal or greater value, we may offer a full refund.
- Failure to comply with any of the terms herein will, at the sole discretion of the Company, result in the eviction of the Guest from the Property, without recompense or refund.
All parties inhabiting the unit shall be jointly and severely liable for any damage or loss caused to the rental property or its contents. In addition to any other remedy in law or equity. I hereby authorize the manager to charge my credit card for any losses or expenses caused by our party. The party shall be responsible for, and shall secure, all their personal property while on the rental property. The property owner, manager, or tour operators/agent shall not be responsible for any lost or stolen items. The party further agrees to hold harmless and indemnify the property owner, manager or tour operator/agent for any loss, claims, costs, expenses, or actions arising from our parties use and occupancy of their rental property and pool. If the rental property is uninhabitable due to lack of heat, A/C, gas, electricity or other material condition, the party shall notify the manager within 2 hours of arrival and if problem cannot be resolved within 24 hours, they shall be offered a replacement property, or a full refund (if a replacement property is not available). If owner, manager fail to provide any ancillary service (e.g. pool heat, crib, high chair, BBQ or like items), the party's sole remedy shall be to receive a refund of the additional fees charged for any such item, if any. In no event, shall the aggregate liability of the owner, manager, tour operator/agent exceed the actual monies paid by the party for use of the rental property, less any applicable taxes. We understand that there is no lifeguard on duty and that it is a major condition of this reservation that our use of the rental property and pool is entirely at our own risk. The pool has a maximum depth of 6ft. All diving, horseplay, or running around the pool area is prohibited. We also agree that no child in our party, or adult non swimmer, will use the pool without adequate adult supervision by a strong swimmer. We shall immediately report any problems with the pool alarms installed on all interior doors leading to the pool area. The party understands and agrees that neither the property owner, manager, or tour operator/agent can accept any responsibility whatsoever in case of accident or illness while on the property. Any disputes under this agreement shall be resolved exclusively via binding arbitration according to the rules of the American Arbitration Association for commercial disputes in Osceola County, Florida, applying Florida law. Each party shall pay their own attorney fees/costs, and, the state of Florida shall have exclusive personal and Rem Jurisdiction over any dispute. I confirm that I supplied the credit card information requested to secure our use of the rental property and accept in full the conditions of occupancy stated above.